Sport Court® or multi-purpose court resurfacing
Now is the optimal time to convert your asphalt court to a Har-Tru/clay court. Your new court will be an upgraded, smooth surface so you can comfortably keep on playing.
Sport Court® or multi-purpose court resurfacing in Florida
Playing sports is trending across the United States, with both children and adults eager to participate in many different types of activities for leisure or competitions. If you own a backyard outdoor court, school, college, or recreational facility that has them, Sport Surfaces can create more game options for you.
Athletes of all levels want to train on superior court surfaces to improve their overall health, fitness levels, and game techniques in their chosen sport, and Sport Surfaces can make that happen.
Imagine being able to choose and play your favorite sports at home, participating in multiple sports at schools and colleges, or attracting more clients to your community facility.
Through offering a variety of sports from which to choose, resurfacing a regular single sport court® to a multi-sport court® is the optimal solution.
Sport Court® resurfacing specialist.
Our company has been in the sports construction industry for over 20 years, and we are one of the top recommended Florida sport court® repair specialists. We love helping our customers maximize the use of their outdoor courts for multiple sports.
Customizing and designing your new multi-court to your standards is our priority. We specialize in multi-purpose (“sport court®”) resurfacing and repair to bring multiple sport options together on one court.
Our experts work with you to customize a court that fits your needs and budget, based off of your current court. For example, we can convert your old tennis court or basketball courts into brand new multi-sport courts.
We offer a variety of colors, court surfaces, equipment, and line options to create distinct areas for each sport. We can create a multi-purpose court that is superior in every way compared to the sport court® tile system for ANY outdoor sport, including: Soccer, Pickleball, Shuffleboard, Foursquare, Hopscotch, Hockey, Basketball, And More!
Asphalt tennis court to har-tru clay court conversion process.
Sport Surfaces can convert your old asphalt tennis court into a Har-Tru (clay) court. We do this using our exclusive dual-grade laser conversion system.
Sport Surfaces specializes in the conversion of hard courts (asphalt or concrete) to Har-Tru/clay courts. Let us convert your existing hard court to a sprinkler irrigated or subsurface irrigated Hydro Court. We have a dual-laser based process of accurately converting a hard court to a Har-Tru court with unparalleled precision
Converting a hard court to a har-tru court with sprinkler irrigation.
The first step we take in converting your asphalt tennis court to a clay court is mapping your existing court. This is performed with our dual grade laser in order to identify the current slope. After, we build a retaining on top of your existing court in order to hold the rock and clay in place. This step is done with the assistance of our laser grading equipment.
We then proceed to change the slope of the court. A typical hard court is sloped 1″ in 10′ while the slope of a Har-Tru court is normally 1″ in 30′. Crushed concrete or lime rock is installed over the court surface to adjust the court slope.
After extensive laser grading with our dual grade tennis court conversion laser, we apply approximately 3″ of concrete screening. It is then carefully laser graded onto the new tennis court surface.
Once our technicians are satisfied with the precision of the surface, 1″ of Har-tru (clay) material is laser graded. Har-Tru is comprised of a natural green crushed stone found in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. The next step is to brush and groom the top dressing to ensure an extremely precise slope. Next, the fiberglass reinforced concrete block curb is installed.
We do this within the existing fence line to contain the fill material, concrete screening sand, and Har-Tru. A sprinkler irrigation system is also installed to provide moisture to the court.
About resurfacing services
If you’re ready to resurface your current court into a sport court®, Sport Surfaces can do it for you. We can consult with you, and customize every detail from start to finish. Please connect with our staff to begin your new resurfacing project.
- World class sport courts®
- Premier resurfacing company
- Novaplay system
- Multiple color combinations
Call For a Quote:
The best tennis court conversion service.
Benefits of a har-tru tennis court.
- The court does not crack, and repairs are generally quite easy and budget-friendly.
- Because of its ability to retain moisture and breathe even in extremely hot temperatures, it presents a cooler court surface. Approximately 10-15 degrees cooler than playing on a an asphalt court.
- Slower ball speed than on a hard surface, allowing the player to have more time to plan and set up their shot.
- Fast drying surface after rainfall for those who want to get right back to their game. Games can continue during a light rainfall, as the court remains safe for play.
- Less impact to the body, greatly reducing common tennis injuries to the lower extremities. It’s crucial that they minimize the risk of injuries to their bodies. About 50% of all tennis players will have an injury during their lives.
- Injuries are usually caused by hard court surfaces, and the wrong footwear. A clay surface allows for the player to slide and quickly access control of their body’s movements. This reduces hard impact and shock, allowing for shock absorption for the bones and joints.
- Mental toughness, patience, strategy, and stamina are immensely improved for the player’s overall game.
- Can be installed directly on top of a hard court quite quickly and easily.
- Environmentally friendly, made from natural materials that leave no poisonous chemicals or waste.
- Low maintenance with a few simple guidelines. Proper care can increase the lifespan of the court.
- Clay courts are porous surfaces that can decrease runoff and soil erosion, allowing for more installation locations. Zoning restriction compliant in many areas.
Converting a har-tru (clay court) to a hard court.
If you’re tired of maintaining your clay court and wish to own a hard court once again, it’s no problem at all.
We can convert it into an asphalt court once again, using our dual grade laser grading system.
Our factory trained technicians will come remove your existing clay, and re-grade your sub-base. This is a critical step in clay tennis court to hard court conversions.
It will allow the new sub-base materials to be evenly distributed throughout the surface. Once the sub-base is installed to a 6” depth and compacted to 4” we will install 1” of asphalt.
The entire court conversion process is done with dual laser precision to ensure that the surface meets our extremely low tolerance standards.
If you’re ready to convert your asphalt court to a Har-Tru clay court, Sport Surfaces is ready to assist you. We are one of the top sport builders of tennis courts and court conversions.
We also offer our Gold maintenance plan, so please call us so we can share our expertise and services for your court conversion endeavor.
If you would like more information on Har-Tru Clay Court Construction, or Har-Tru Clay Court Resurfacing, please click the links below: