Fast Dry (Har-tru) clay court construction
Whether you are looking for Hydrocourt, Hydrogrid or above ground irrigation Sport Surfaces has the top of the line clay court to meet your needs . Let us build your next Fast Dry (har tru) clay surface tennis court for you. Contact us for a free quote!
Fast-Dry (Har-tru) clay court construction.
Tennis is a popular sport all across the US, with both children and adults playing the game. Many tennis players love to diversify their skill set by playing on multiple surfaces, and are constantly searching for world class court technology.
If you’re thinking of constructing a Har-Tru or clay tennis court, Sport Surfaces can perform the task for you. Both amateur and professionals need premium court surfaces for training, and as top quality sport builders, we would love to create your new tennis court surface for you.
Har Tru / Clay Tennis Court Specialists
Since 1998, Sport Surfaces has completed thousands of tennis court construction and resurfacing projects for our customers. We would be happy to build a new court for your private residence, training facility, tournament venue, or country club. Whether you are looking for Hydrocurt, Hydrogrid or above ground irrigation our team of experts will be able to provide you with usability and cost benefits of all the different systems.
We take great pride as one of the top recommended Florida Har-Tru/clay tennis court construction companies within the sports industry.
Our court technicians are knowledgeable in the mandatory maintenance techniques for keeping your clay tennis court in a stellar playing condition. We have successfully constructed thousands of Har-Tru/Clay courts for our customers, and our workmanship is always top quality.
Sport Surfaces is able to customize your HAR-Tru/clay tennis court based on your designated space, budget, and court specifications.
Please connect with us today, and let our licensed, certified contractors begin your new Har-Tru or clay tennis court construction project.
What is a Har-Tru Clay Tennis Court?
Ironically, even though Har-Tru is often referred to as clay, it is actually created from crushed stone. It possesses extremely fine particles, making it a phenomenally smooth tennis court playing surface.
Har-tru surfaces have a reputation of strength and consistency when compared to other types of European clay courts.
Har-tru is an ancient natural green stone called Pre-Cambrian metabasalt, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is ideal for tennis court construction because it is quite hard and angular.
This level of angularity allows the stone particles to adhere closely together, fashioning a stable court surface. The amount of hardness coming from the stone allows for the court’s long lifespan.
Laser graded construction process:
Sport Surfaces specializes in Har-Tru and clay court construction using our exclusive dual-grade laser grading system, and high quality surfacing materials.
This elite system allows us to build your new world-class Har-Tru clay court in an efficient and cost-effective manner. A layer of finely crushed green stone particles is installed over a porous base of crushed stone aggregate, producing a finished surface.
About construction services
If you’re ready to construct the most incredibly comfortable Har-tru clay tennis court, don’t hesitate to call Sport Surfaces today. Our company specializes in Har-tru clay court construction, and would love to take part in your new court endeavor.
- World class clay court construction
- Environmentally-friendly construction
- Construction of multiple tennis court surfaces
- Long lasting playing surfaces
Call For a Quote:
How to build a har-tru or clay tennis court?
Even after many years of play, Har-Tru courts remain free of bumps, pits, buckles, and cracks. Every Har-Tru court is backed by a full complement of engineering and design services, as well as onsite technical consultation.
- We start by laser grading the sub-base using our exclusive dual laser system to precisely prepare the subgrade
- A concrete curb is installed around the perimeter of the court to hold the concrete screenings and clay in place
- Installation of a standard above ground hydrocourt or hydrogrid irrigation system. Note: All of our irrigation systems have passed rigorous inspections for quality control. This ensures that they evenly disperse water to your entire court surface in order to maintain it at the proper consistency.
- Crushed concrete is then laser graded over the entire court surface, providing proper stabilization and drainage as needed
- 1 inch layer of Har-Tru is evenly dispersed over the entire surface and is then brushed, swept with a broom, and thoroughly rolled
- Center anchor and net posts are retrofitted to industry specifications
- Line tapes are installed, and secured with aluminum nails
Benefits of a Har-Tru or Clay Court Surface
- Easy installation, with the bonus of its ability to be constructed directly on top of a hard court
- Cracks are nonexistent, and surface repairs are much simpler and cost less than other types of court surfaces
- It’s a porous surface that minimizes runoff and soil erosion. Because of this eco-friendly quality, Har-Tru tennis courts are able to be installed in multiple locations. Less zoning issues with municipalities
- Low maintenance surface, with simple procedures for court surface care
- 10-15 degrees cooler surface for game play than a hard court
- Less bodily impact because of its softer surface, thus minimizing common tennis injuries
- Har-Tru is a type of court surface that is also known as “fast-dry”, because of how efficiently it dries after a rainfall. This allows players to resume their games, even during a light rain shower
DIY Maintenance vs. Gold Maintenance Plan
Sports Surfaces are professionals in Har-Tru and clay tennis court construction for Florida. Our team specializes in court maintenance needs. We love working with our customers to design apropos maintenance schedules to keep courts polished and playable.
If you find that DIY clay court maintenance is overwhelming, Sport Surfaces has the solution. We offer maintenance services for your Har-Tru or clay tennis court that are customized for you. These services can be performed on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule.
It’s an easy, economical program called the Gold Plan that includes the typical court resurfacing every 3-4 years, as well as the aforementioned maintenance services. Also, we will provide you with a watering and maintenance schedule to maximize your court’s lifespan.
Har-Tru and Clay Court Daily Maintenance
Brushing the court is imperative to keeping a smooth surface after a tennis game. The loose top dressing is moved around the court to even out the playing surface.
Brushing can also dry the court if it has just recently been watered. Be careful if you brush the court before watering, or if the court is too wet for usage.
It is mandatory to water your court to keep the court’s playing surface in perfect condition, guarantee proper traction, and maintaining court stability and firmness.
The time to water a court is typically at night and during mid-day. The most crucial factor is to verify that the court is in a safe condition for game play.
Rolling a clay court is beneficial for ensuring firmness and speed. It works as a mechanism for stopping too much loose top dressing material from building up on the court surface.
Rolling a court during the morning is optimal because that is when a clay court has the most moisture.
Periodic Maintenance for a Har-Tru Court
- Fixing low spots and divots
- Checking tapes for areas where the lines are raised or the edges have curled upwards
- Removing any grass or weeds that have grown around the court’s perimeter
- Scarification of any hard or slippery spots
- Clearing out the drainage system
Reasons why players love a Har-Tru or clay court surface
- Develops fundamental core footwork, balance skills, sliding techniques, and improves endurance for game improvement
- Slower game speed enhances point set up strategies for player’s shots
- Greatly reduces high-impact stress and common tennis injuries to player’s bodies, allowing for more hours of game play
- 88% of all tennis players learned on a clay surface, giving them an advantage of an all-court game
If you are ready to construct your Har-Tru or clay court, please call Sport Surfaces, FL today. Our highly trained professionals would love to assist you with your next court construction endeavor.
If you would like more information about Har-Tru Clay Court Resurfacing or Tennis Court Conversions, please click the links below:
Our specialists at Sport Surfaces can answer all of your har tru or clay tennis court questions. Please click on the link below to ask us anything.
Do you build Har-tru clay courts in my area?
Sport Surfaces constructs Har-tru clay courts for customers throughout the US. We have several branch locations to accommodate all of our customers’ needs. Please connect with one of our sales associates to begin your Har-tru clay court construction.
Why is your company superior when compared to another one?
Our company has been in the industry since 1998, and we are highly trusted amongst our customers. We are a top-rated contractor in the sports construction field, and our thousands of satisfied customers refer us to their friends and families.
What types of materials do you use during construction of my new Har-tru clay court?
Sport Surfaces builds our Har-tru tennis courts with premium quality materials and products during our construction. We are an eco-friendly company, and we’re proud to work with recycled materials for construction whenever possible.
Do you offer any type of maintenance plans?
Yes, Sport Surfaces offers techniques for proper Har-tru clay court maintenance. If you don’t wish to do your own maintenance, you can hire our technicians to do it for you. Please connect with our staff to learn more about our maintenance plan.
Where can I build a new sport surface or sport court?
There are many options when it comes to building your new sport court or sport surface. We have completed construction at private homes, educational institutions, community facilities, and professional tournament venues. Please call our staff today to discuss your new project so we can build you the court or sport surface of your dreams.
About our company
Sport Surfaces has expanded nationwide in the past twenty years. We are experts in both the sports surface construction and resurfacing fields. Please connect with our staff today to find out more about what we offer.
- Custom tennis court specifications
- Friendly and knowledgeable team members
- Tennis court lighting
- Tennis court cabanas and awnings
Call For a Quote:
Sport Surface Design
Here at Sport Surfaces™ we provides services to plan, design, evaluate, develop, consult, and assist owners and architects in all aspects of tennis and basketball court construction.
Sport Surface Construction
Our company provides services in the field of construction of all types of sports surfaces. Over 20 years of experience guarantees high quality of services and satisfaction of each client. We are sure of it.
Maintenance of Sports Surfaces
Sport Surfaces has completed more than 6000 tennis court resurfacing projects. Our experience guarantees that your court will gain a new life. Contact us for a free offer.