Conversion & Resurfacing
Now is the optimal time to convert your old court to a pickleball court! Your new court will be an upgraded, smooth surface so you can comfortably keep on playing.
Pickleball court conversion service in Florida.
Does your asphalt or concrete tennis court need an upgrade for a fun new sport? Adding or converting Pickleball court lines and posts is an innovative way to maximize a standard tennis court or basketball court.
Pickleball is one of the fastest growing sports among enthusiasts everywhere, especially because it mixes elements of tennis, badminton, and ping pong.
Whether you play for leisure, or are a member of USA pickleball, Sport Surfaces, Florida can help you to get in the game!
Pickleball court resurfacing specialists.
Our licensed and certified pickleball contractors will provide you with the best option when tailoring a pickleball court resurfacing. We can either add a pickleball court to an existing tennis court, or convert the court to be exclusively used for pickleball.
Note: when a tennis court is used exclusively for tennis, we can add multipurpose courts: (2) pickleball courts for each tennis court.
Pickleball court specifications.
When simply adding Pickleball court lines to a tennis court, we try to utilize line colors that are in the same color tone, but are either darker or lighter than the tennis court playing surface.
This protocol with the pickleball court paint allows pickleball players to differentiate both the tennis court lines from those of pickleball, while giving the courts a stellar appearance. It eliminates any confusion, and allows tennis players to continue to enjoy tennis with little or no interference from the pickleball lines.
- The court dimension is 20 feet wide x 44 feet long for both singles and doubles matches. These are the designated spaces for the no volley zone, net, and the out of bounds lines.
- A total playing area 30 feet wide x 60 feet long. Note: this is a minimum size. Most players prefer to have a standard size of 34’ x 64’.
- Lines size should be 2” (same width as tennis court lines) and it is recommended to have a contrasting color in the same color family that is currently on the playing surface of the tennis court. We have found that too great of a contrast leads to confusion for tennis players.
About resurfacing services
If it’s time to repair or resurface your pickleball court, our company can do it for you. Sport Surfaces is considered to be experts within the sports industry when it comes to resurfacing. Please call our team members to get more details.
- Premium pickleball court resurfacing
- Trusted construction company
- Free consultations
- Eco-friendly resurfacing
Call For a Quote:
The best pickleball court conversion service.
Here is some helpful terminology about the lines and areas of the pickleball court
The lines parallel to the net at each end of the court are called the baselines.
- Lines which run perpendicular to the net on each side of the court are the called the sidelines.
- The lines on each side of the net between the sidelines that are parallel to the net are the non-volley lines. These lines are located 7’ from the net.
Pickleball net and post specifications.
- The official net size is 22′ L x 3′ H. We recommend that the materials are 3mm polyethylene and that a 23 oz. vinyl headband is used. Fiberglass dowels are also recommended for strength and durability.
- Net Height. It is recommended that the net be 36” high at the sidelines and 34” high at the center of the court.
- Center Strap. The same strap used for tennis is also used for pickleball but is set at a height of 34”.
- Net posts should be placed 22’ on center and the post height is 36”
For more information on pickleball court construction, please contact us.
Sport Surfaces is here to answer all of your pickleball court resurfacing questions. Please click on the link below to connect with one of our team members today.
Do you resurface pickleball courts in my area?
Yes, we resurface pickleball courts throughout the United States, and maintain several branch offices to service our customers. Please connect with us to learn more about pickleball court resurfacing.
What makes your company the best choice for resurfacing my court?
Our company has been in the industry since 1998, and we specialize in sport court resurfacing. We are well-known and trusted in the sports resurfacing field, and guarantee our workmanship.
What kinds of materials are used to resurface my pickleball court?
We resurface your pickleball court with world class products and recycled materials to bring it back to a “like-new” condition. We are an eco-friendly company who cares about protecting our environment